Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happily Ever After

 As a little girl, I loved the "happily ever after." You know...princesses, prince charming, the rescue, beautiful dresses, and castles. It just made my sweet little girl heart happy! As I have gotten older, I have still loved the "happily ever after" but it looks a little different these days. One of my most favorite things in the world is seeing people's dreams come true. It doesn't matter who you are- family, friend, or stranger- I love all happily ever afters. I love to see people overwhelmed with joy by the faithfulness of God. But I also think it's because I know how hard this life can be and the hope that springs from an answered prayer restores the deep places of my heart. It reminds me of the goodness and faithfulness of God. And to be honest, I need that hope in the depths of my soul. I need to be reminded that God is the Dream Giver.

I dream a lot of dreams these days. I pray a lot of prayers, too. I've seen dreams come true and I've begged God to bring others to pass. There are many things I hope for- for myself and for those I love. I know my God is faithful and I know He is at work, always for my good. I am His and with Him is where I want to be. I want what He wants because it is always infinitely better than what I imagined. He is my Dream Giver.

I'm a dreamer. I can't stop. I won't stop. But even if not another one of my dreams this side of heaven comes true, I know that my "happily ever after" awaits me. And that makes this girl's heart full of inexplicable joy!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, be the glory forever and ever! Amen."  -Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment